Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Gargoyles

                                          

One of my favorite 2nd grade projects is gargoyles that I do every year. The students have fun looking at talking about gargoyles and get to use clay to actually build something.
                                                                            


I start by having the students look at pictures of gargoyles and guess from what they look at like what they do. Then I show them a quick video from youtube (couldn't find many good ones so I switch every year)


Once fired, we paint! I just use just watercolor paints because it allows for the students to really play with color. And then I have them use pipe cleaners and beads for the arms/legs, if they made the holes. If not, then no arms and legs. Love these little guys. 

No comments:

Post a Comment