Monday, October 19, 2015

Updated Art Word


After having the art word up for since the beginning of the year. I noticed a few things. 

1. Students hitting it to hit it, and hard too. 
2. Students not saying the word.
3. Students not saying THE RIGHT WORD.
4. Teachers not helping/ have no idea. 
5. Short students needing to jump. 

SO..I updated the sign for where the students interact and I started saying the definition before they leave. 
                                                      
         Before and after

As you can see, changes. Stop sign part lowered for my more vertical challenged students. Wording changed. NOW student pet the sign and have to say it out loud. I know having them say it out loud just can have the one behind them repeat but they are still using the word! Again they can skip out if they don't know it. Last change not seen is I put a folded piece of felt behind the sign to soften the blow. 
So for the teachers not helping, I have tried talking to the students about it as they are waiting to leave, so the teachers get the hint to ask them. Two of my 10 classes the do this (kindergarten has not been introduced yet, just getting them use to regular route is first step) actually ask the students what the word is, and step in to look to see it too. 

See how this works out now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment