Monday, November 23, 2015

Handy Tips


So I know my watercolor paints go quick. My students love to use them and there can be colors that don't get used as much. What I started doing is this.

Depending on the brand, I either remove the color or cut it out of the rest and put in this box. The students have gotten a good hang of looking through it for some colors they might need. Or some even just go right to this just for a small amount they just want. Pretty handy.

Another clean up trick I use is this. 


NOT super fancy but effective. I started this last year with 2nd grade because they kept leaving behind paint. It is good to talk to the students about how to spread out the paper and when to recycle it. (We recycle as much as we can!) Trick is having a nice supply of newspaper. I normally just do a call out at the beginning of the year for some and BAM! newspaper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment